Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting Off at Work

I usually find myself to be an optimal employee. Perfect, far from it, but I'm by far a lot more competent and gracious than some. This however does not seem to be the case, as of recently I've had not one, but multiple people tell me that I've become rather cynical and bitter about my job. Shocking I know, but honestly this irks me for a few reasons.

1. Despite the amount of complaining and drinking that my job will often lead me to, I actually do enjoy working for THAT PLACE. I'll say what I will about the terrible wages and lack of hiring full time, but honestly I've found myself actually enjoying going to work.

2. Yes, I am sarcastic, it's probably my only redeeming and most notable characteristic about me. However, I can assure you that when I work I keep myself very professional. I pride myself at doing the best I can, even if it means getting paid pennies when I should at least be getting nickels.

3. I don't enjoy being told off by some entitled person who has never worked customer service before.

That might be my greatest grievance of all, not so much that he's making accusations about my actions at work, but rather that he feels he has the right to bully me, just cause he can. Not everyone has ever had to actually work customer service, call them elite, arrogant, pompous, privileged, whatever. But in truth, everyone should work customer service. If only to be shown the proper way to talk to people.

I'm happy to say that I still have a job, despite my sincere desire to give him a piece of my mind. For those that know me in real life, I'm sure you are aware that had this job not been a major concern, I would have been honest in my response. Looked him straight in the eye. "Why yes, I do get off on with-holding. Anyone got a cigarette, cause I'm just about spent?"

No comments:

Post a Comment